PLSC 31101: Computational Tools for Social Science
Chapter 1 About
This book contains course notes and other materials for PLSC 31101: Introduction to Computational Tools for Social Science. The class was created by Rochelle Terman at the University of Chicago, with contributions from Pete Cuppernull, Jenna Gibson, and Giacomo Ramos.
Download the materials on your computer by running the following code in RStudio. Note that for this to work, you will need to have
Some of these materials have been adapted from other sources, and we thank them greatly. In alphabetical order:
- Advanced R by Hadley Wickham.
- A ModernDive into R and the tidyverse.
- Computing for Social Sciences.
- Code and Data for the Social Sciences: A Practitioner’s Guide. by Gentzkow, Matthew and Jesse M. Shapiro.
- Justin Grimmer.
- R bootcamp at UC Berkeley.
- R for Data Science by Hadley Wickham.
- R Studio.
- Software Carpentry.